In a democratic country, the well-known pillar is Electoral Voting. All citizens of India who are 18 Yrs old or more are considered eligible for voting. Moreover, voting is also a fundamental right as per the Constitution of India. EPIC card or Voter ID Card issued by the Election Commission of India is a legal document to be produced as an identity proof during the elections and the same is also accepted as valid address/citizen proof.
For the special summary Revision of Electoral Roll 2022, the Chief Electoral Officer, Punjab had appealed to the voters to spare some time to check and avail voter services through a mobile application or online at website: www.voterprotal.eci.gov.in for the following services.
Table of Contents
- 1 Benefits of Having a Voter ID Card
- 2 Eligibility Criteria & Required Documents to Apply for a Voter Card in Punjab
- 3 How to Apply for a Voter Card Online in Punjab?
- 4 How To Update or Change Voter Card Details Online?
- 5 How Citizens Can Apply for a Voter ID Card Offline?
- 6 Procedure for Submitting Voter ID Application Offline –
- 7 How to Track Voter ID Status via SMS?
- 8 What are the Ways of Voter ID Card Corrections in Punjab?
- 9 Do you want to check whether I am on the Voter List!
- 10 Registration of Overseas Electors – How?
Benefits of Having a Voter ID Card
- A Voter ID card is essential for all constituency members to take part in a ballot.
- Both online and offline methods are provided by the Govt of India for applying for a Voter ID Card.
- They just have to visit the official portal and from the official website they can apply for voter ID
- This will save a lot of time and money and will also bring transparency to the system
- The voter ID card can also be used as identity proof.
- A voter ID card can also be used in availing benefits of various government schemes.
Eligibility Criteria & Required Documents to Apply for a Voter Card in Punjab
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India and have attained 18 years of age.
- Aadhar card
- Bank passbook
- Driving license
- High School mark sheet
- Address proof
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
How to Apply for a Voter Card Online in Punjab?
Register as a new voter. (If you are 18 Yrs old or above as of 1 January 2022):
Complete your registration process by entering your email ID and mobile number. The system will verify your details. So, fill them carefully. You can update your user credentials.
After completing the registration process you need to fill in your basic details such as- Name, Father’s Name, Date and Place of Birth, and AADHAR card details.
In addition, you are required to upload your latest passport size photograph, documents supporting Your Date of birth and address proof, and Voter Card details of your Father or mother.
Then a Reference number will be issued through which you can check the online status of your application at any time.
How To Update or Change Voter Card Details Online?
You need to select the option Correction in Voter ID and fill in the details and upload relevant documents.
A Reference ID will be generated for tracking your application status.
How Citizens Can Apply for a Voter ID Card Offline?
Although the country has adopted the digitalized way of registering for all the services, however, many people don’t have access to the Internet or the basic skill for completing the process of submitting the voter application online, such people/individuals may avail themselves offline by contacting EO in the nearest electoral office. Offline voter ID application in Punjab is quite easy.
Procedure for Submitting Voter ID Application Offline –
- As new applicants, individuals have to fill up Form 6 and submit it to the Local Electoral Office along with the supporting documents for proof of their age and residence. Form 6 is available online too. You can download that. OR you can just get it from Suvidha Center near you. Copies of passport, driving license, Aadhar card, SSLC Book, Ration Card, rental/ lease agreement, latest utility bill, or LIC Policy paper may be submitted as supporting documents.
- To expedite the procedure for the issue of Voter ID, information of your family members (Father, Mother, Spouse, etc) who already own Voter ID cards are required to be submitted at the time of submitting the voter application.
- To enhance the process of issuing voter cards, the Electoral Registration Office is conducting camps to supply the documents.
How to Track Voter ID Status via SMS?
To track Voter ID status, one can send the following SMS.
CEOPJB<voter ID number> to 7738299899
What are the Ways of Voter ID Card Corrections in Punjab?
It is very easy to update the voter ID card details offline in Punjab. For instance, you need to update your address in the Voter ID card then you need to visit the nearest Electoral Office and submit Form 8 duly completed along with supporting documents that are also required to justify the corrections required in the Voter ID card.
You need to get a receipt of the application, after which a representative of the Election Commission will be visiting the address for verification of the data submitted. Thereafter, the amendments will be incorporated in the records of the Election Commission of India.
Do you want to check whether I am on the Voter List!
Search the name in the electoral roll using the existing Voter ID number as mentioned on the Voter Card.
Any citizen of India who is residing overseas owing to his employment, education, or otherwise may register for electoral rolls who has not acquired citizenship of any other country in the constituency at his place of residence in India as per details mentioned in his passport.
Registration of Overseas Electors – How?
To register as an Overseas Elector one must submit/upload a recent passport size photograph, scanned copies of the relevant pages of the passport containing a photograph, address, and other details of the applicant along with the page of passport containing the valid visa endorsement.
This has been made very easy so that all the citizens may avail these voter services swiftly. These services may be availed by citizens from 01 November 2021 to 30 November 21. In addition, special camps are also being organized at Polling Camps from 20 November 21 to 21 November 21 so that no voter is left behind. The voter helpline Number is 1950.
Hope you got all the information regarding submitting the voter card offline and online. Comment below to get the answer to your query.