Shri Guru Nanak Dev Ji is the founder of Sikhism. Being the first Guru Sahib of Sikhs, he had spent around eighteen years of his life at Shri Kartarpur Sahib. The place is located in the Narowal district of Pakistan. The gurdwara is quite close to the International border between India and Pakistan. People from India can easily see this sacred Sikh Gurudwara. This place is just 4.5 km away from the Dera Baba Nanak, District Gurdaspur, of Punjab in India.
The Kartarpur corridor is the only passway between India and Pakistan. It was made to facilitate the Sikh devotees to pay their obeisance at the Sikh Temple, Kartarpur Sahib. Before the construction of this International corridor, people used to visit the place through a long route which was a bit difficult and lengthy too. Do you want to know about the Kartarpur Corridor registration? Yeah! Read the blog.
Table of Contents
- 1 General Information About Kartarpur Corridor
- 2 Procedure of Kartarpur Corridor Registration
- 3 What are the Conditions for Corridor Kartarpur Sahib Registration?
- 4 Documents Required to Fill the Kartarpur Registration Form
- 5 What is the Kartarpur Corridor Registration Fee?
- 6 Do’s for Visiting Kartarpur Langa
- 7 Don’ts for Visiting Kartarpur Langa
General Information About Kartarpur Corridor
Distance from Amritsar 45 km by NH354B
Distance from Batala to the corridor is 24 km by District Road
Distance from Gurdaspur 30 km by NH354
Distance from Jalandhar 112 km via Batala
How To Visit Kartarpur Sahib Gurdwara
If you want to visit the gurdwara in Pakistan through the newly constructed International corridor then you need to go for Kartarpur Langa Registration Online. There is some important information for the pilgrims that needs to be fulfilled to get the permission from the concerned authorities.
- All the devotees from India who intend to visit Sri Kartarpur Sahib in District Narowal, Pakistan have to register his/her details in advance.
- Devotees are required to register his/her advance/proposed date of travel.
- Registration does not grant a right to travel.
- While doing Kartarpur corridor registration online booking, applicants who have been granted permission will be sent Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) on the registered email ID provided in the application. It is mandatory to bring one hard copy of the ETA to Dera Baba Nanak ICP(It is the place where you need to proceed for your visit).
- Pilgrims will be allowed to go in the morning and have to return the same day.
- Devotees will be allowed to visit only Kartarpur Sahib Gurudwara and no one is allowed to go anywhere else in Pakistan.
Procedure of Kartarpur Corridor Registration
- Before filling the online application, ensure that Acrobat Reader is installed in your computer system.
- Applicants must be aware of his / her blood group for filling up the registration form.
What are the Conditions for Corridor Kartarpur Sahib Registration?
- Applicants must have a valid Passport.
- OCI card holders need to fill in OCI card details in the registration form.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to submit the correct details including spellings of his / her name, date of birth, etc as mentioned in the Passport.
- Incorrect or false information or filled detail, concealing any material of facts in the application form will be a ground of rejection.
Documents Required to Fill the Kartarpur Registration Form
Well, here are some of the documents that are required to fill the registration form to get permission to visit Kartarpur Sahib gurdwara.
- Scanned copy of Passport size photograph (In JPG format not exceeding 300kb in size)
- Scanned copy of Passport (Containing photo & personal particulars) and the last page containing family details in PDF format not exceeding 500 kb in size.
- Scanned copy of the first page of OCI card in PDF format not more than 500 kb in size.
After filling the form, take a printout of it and keep it with you for reference. You will also receive SMS and email after a successful registration.
What is the Kartarpur Corridor Registration Fee?
No, the pilgrimage fee has been mentioned on the official website. Registration is free. However, there was news about the $20 fee being charged by Pakistan authorities initially, but there’s no clarification on this.
Do’s for Visiting Kartarpur Langa
- Eco-friendly material, preferably cloth bags should be used and surroundings are kept clean.
- Currency – As per RBI policy to be meticulously followed.
- Carrying of Baggage – Only one baggage allowed up to seven kg weight including drinking water.
Don’ts for Visiting Kartarpur Langa
- Smoking, drinking liquors, and use of tobacco are prohibited.
- Not to touch any unattended article and if seen, inform authorities immediately.
- Playing loud music and photographing others without permission is not permitted.
For further information, a support helpline is given for everyone. Just use it.
- For Punjab Residents: 8283842323
- For International/Other States: 0183-2500463
If you are looking for a supporting email id to enquire anything about the Kartarpur Langa corridor, then you can use – firstname.lastname@example.org